Google
 

Friday, February 11, 2011

 

Big Weekend In South East Asian Football

Cracking weekend of fixtures lined up and it took much soul searching before I finally decided which game I wanted to see.

The biggie is of course in the AFC Champions League play off when Sriwijaya host Muang Thong United in Palembang which I previewed the other day in The Jakarta Globe. Most weeks it's a no brainer and indeed until about three weeks ago I was set fair for South Sumatra.

The SLeague also kicks off with another exciting game between SAFFC and Young Lions. Richard Bok had rebuilt the Warriors after a rare barren season in 2010 with a mixture of youth and experience while Young Lions are being rebranded with the aim of creating an atmosphere in a league where even the mosquitos stay home, put off by the lack or warm blood in the stands.

The Thai Premier League kicks off using the latest fixture list but I'm so confused which is the latest, absolute latest, swear there will be no more or you may cut my head off and vomit down my neck, last one that I've all but given up.

Oh yeah, and the third round of fixtures in the Malaysian Super League.

But once I heard that a former England international would be playing in Indonesia there could only be one game in it for me. Bandung maybe bottom of the table but they do boast the only ex England international to play in Indonesia, at least that I'm aware of.

So it's Batavia Union against Bandung in the rebel Liga Primer Indonesia for me tomorrow. But this being Indonesia, as of yesterday there was confusion as to where the game would be played. Batavia Union were saying either Kuningan or Bekasi, Bandung were saying Kuningan and the whole world on Twitter were saying Bekasi.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?